A lot of people try to sell their homes as For Sale By Owner, and some do get the home sold. Staticstics show, however, than in many cases the sellers would ultimately have been better off in the end to have listed their homes with an agent from the start.
Top 9 Reasons For Real Estate Representation:
- To Optimize Asking Price.Properly pricing your home is perhaps the most crucial factor in making a sale, and without access to all the data it can be really difficult. They’ll compare your home and your asking price to similar homes on the market. If your price doesn’t stack up, they may reject it and move on to the next listing. And the longer your property sits on the market, the less marketable it becomes because buyers begin to wonder if something is wrong with it. Pricing your home too high may increase the time your home spends on the market. That’s why your first step in determining the right price for your home is to have an experienced real estate professional prepare a comparative market analysis (cma) report for your home. The report provides details on recent sales of homes similar to yours, as well as the asking price of homes currently on the market. Your agent will then balance that information with other factors such as location, condition of your home, special interior or landscaping features, age of the house, and your time frame to determine a fair and competitive asking price.
- To Get Your Home Ready to Show. Is part of an agent’s job to know what buyers want to see, and the way you present your property to prospective buyers can make all the difference between success and failure. Buyers tend to judge homes by cost and “move-in” quality – the less they have to do to move in, the better and the more they may be willing to pay. We can help you see your home through a buyer’s eyes and suggest simple repairs and improvements to maximize space and attract as many buyers as possible.
- To Maximize Your Property’s Exposure in the Marketplace.In most markets, finding qualified buyers will require more than the standard yard sign, classified ad and open house. In fact, according to The National Association of RealtorsR, 82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts.
82% of real estate sales are the result of agent contacts through previous clients, referrals, friends, family and personal contacts.
Since many sales involve out-of-town buyers, marketing a home requires exclusive connections and a strategic marketing plan. At the very least, you should have your home listed in the multiple listing service (MLS), which is only open to licensed real estate agents. We have access to state-of-the-art technology tools to share referrals across a global network. Plus, we will spend time behind the scenes helping you target serious buyers and make the best of your prime selling period.
- Buyers Are More Comfortable Contacting Agents.Buyers may be leery of contacting or intruding upon home owners with whom they are unfamiliar. Potential buyers might also be intimidated looking through a home if the owner is present and feel uncomfortable making an offer if they know they’ll be negotiating directly with the owner. They often appreciate the accessibility and objectivity of a respected Nextage Professionals Realty real estate professional.
- To Pre-screen Prospective Buyers.Cleaning your home each time someone wants to look at it is a lot of work. To save you time and unnecessary traffic through your home, we can help pre-screen buyers to ensure they really are motivated to buy and are financially prepared to do so. And for your safety, all showings will be scheduled through the Nextage Professionals office.
- To Help Guard Against Misrepresentation And Claims. Agents have extensive knowledge in all the forms, contracts, and requirements needed to get an home from an offer through to the closing table, and it’s our job to help protect our clients. In today’s litigious society it becomes imperative that all matters relating to the sale of the property, i.e. physical conditions, history, zoning, etc., be accurately and comprehensively disclosed. Overlooking even one form or required disclosure may lead to an expensive claim. The knowledge and experience of a real estate professional, can often help provide assistance with these issues.
- To Provide Buyers with Community Information.Today’s buyer seeks to make informed decisions and demands a significantly high level of information related to their purchase. We can provide them with detailed information on your community, schools, local government and much more.
- To Ensure Privacy, Confidentiality and Safety for Both Sellers and Buyers.These days, you don’t want just anyone knocking on your door and touring your home. The best way to help keep you and your family safe is to have us at your side, accompanying buyers as they tour your home and handling sometimes stressful negotiations.
- To Negotiate for Top Dollar.Reaching an agreement between seller and buyer and then closing the deal requires complete objectivity and a thorough understanding of deeds, abstracts, offers, contingencies, disclosures, title searches, etc. Working with a skilled negotiator with your best interests in mind many improve your chances of selling at the price that brings you peace of mind.
If you’d like help getting your home sold, talk to us. Even if you decide to sell on our own, it never hurts to find out what your options are!
Contact us at 815-235-2111